Thursday, March 24, 2011

Audition Technique Class

Ok can I just say that I feel very grateful to have an Audition Technique class with VP Boyle (NYC most renown audition coach) two days before my audition? So helpful! I'm so excited for this audition. I'm going to learn so much from it and I'm singing a song that is AMAZING! I'll be singing Rolling in the Deep by Adele.
Can we just talk about Adele for a second. Like what? How can one person be quite that incredible...it's just not fair. Girl can sing, girl's got style, girl's gorgeous, and every song feels like it was written about my life. Like WTF! :) I love her!
So yeah....I'm singing Rolling in the Deep for my audition and I think it totally encompasses what Alysha's character (aka the amazing role I'm auditioning for) is trying to say in defense of her best friend Heather. just saying...I don't think I could have found a better song. It fits in my voice and I love love love it! and let's face it, that's what really counts. All you're there to do is be you and show them your love for the craft.  We learned all about that in class today and I felt like I had a big grin on my face the whole time, just thinking that that was what I was doing. It feels good to be right :)
Anywho I just feel very grateful right now. I'm now preparing for my voyage tomorrow by cutting my song, and doing about a half a million other things to get ready. ahhhhhh I'm so excited!
I hope to make you all proud. What an amazing opportunity this is. If you happen to be at the audition please come and say hi! I'll be the one dying of happiness in the corner with the flaming red hair!

PS if Alysha Umphress ever reads this, I would like to let you know Alysha, that you have inspired me to be a better performer. Your boldness gives me courage and you voice makes me aspire to always give 120% in all I sing. Thank you. I hope to work with you one day.

that's all for now.
Please pray for me to be able to show the auditioners who the real Dom is. That's all I really want to do :)

Know I love you,

Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment